Background

Monday, January 19, 2009

The old has past, the new has come...

Oh, I am so very thankful for January 2009! It's been one full year since I was declared free of the cancer that inhabited my body for those few months in 2007 and the physical healing began after the hysterectomy.

God's done some more healing of my emotions in regard to babies this year as well, and I am so grateful to be able to hold an infant in my arms and not fall apart inside. It just took my allowing Him to do it--all I had to do was let Him. Wow. I'm holding on to my little baby (now 4) a little tighter than I might have otherwise, but I'm merely treasuring the sweetness and sincerity in his heart that shines through his eyes and smile.

I'm so very thankful that these wounds are healing and in the past and a new day and a new year of hope dawns at this very moment. My medi-port was removed at the end of 2008 and my hair is steadily growing back (I SO need a haircut!), and I am only left with a scar to remember that trial.

As I am about to venture out and actually TEACH a Bible study this coming Thursday, I am amazed at what God has done and what He is calling me to do. I know it is nothing I could ever do on my own, but it is He that has given me strength, wisdom, and perseverance to write and prepare a study that I hope and pray will change the lives of many women and their families. I'm humbled and amazed that He would choose me.

Thank you, Lord, for the newness you create in our lives every time we turn around!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Is that the finances Bible study? or something else?

Thanks for sharing God's faithfulness in your life.

Valarie Lea said...

Wendie you are amazing and I know God has big plans for this study. :)

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family this New Year! :)