Background

Monday, November 3, 2008

Faithfulness

So, hey, I am in the middle of a very cool Bible study by Beth Moore, and this week's lesson is concerning Faithfulness as an aspect of the fruit of the Spirit.

I'm ALSO working on developing a study on finances, geared toward women only, and this week, I'm working on what it means to be a faithful steward or manager of God's money and "stuff." I've done this thing before, and I know what it means to be a faithful steward--but now it just means so much more! For some reason, I just didn't put together "faithful" and "faithfulness" when it comes to the Holy Spirit and all that history lesson from Hebrews 11 and the long list of faithful people from the OT.

Even with finances, we're called to have faith especially when we can't see what God's going to do or even what the final result is of our saving, spending, giving, etc. We're to listen to God and move forward despite our blind-spot and be faithful with what he's given us and what he's given us to do.

I can only be truly faithful if I have the Holy Spirit within me, allowing Him to reign in my life and show the fruit that He brings forth.

Cool stuff.

Now, if only I can keep this one down to 30 minutes when I teach it in the Spring! :) That's for another lesson--the one on self-control.

1 comment:

Jana said...

We all need to learn to be faithful in our finances. We kind of go at it hit and miss. We think if we are faithful to pay our tithe, that is enough. But God wants us to faithful with all we have, it use it to His glory.